To promote an appreciation of and involvement in the arts within the Hayward, Cable and surrounding Northwoods communities.
We view 'arts' to include, but is not limited to, theatre, music, dance, visual arts, film, the written word and multicultural events.
* To provide a performing arts center that would serve the Hayward, Cable and surrounding Northwoods communities.
* To provide a home base for local theatre and performing groups.
* To provide a location for multi-cultural performances and events.
* To provide an educational outreach component for youth and adults.
* To provide an exhibit area for visual arts.
* To raise the level of awareness of the value of 'arts' in the lives of citizens.
The Park has always been a movie theater. Opened in 1948, the Park marquee has been a part of Hayward's gateway for almost 61 years. The first movie shown on the Park's fixed screen was "Romance On the High Seas!" The theater was built in what was known as Whitten Park. The decor was described as 'decorative modernism'.